Friday, November 25, 2011

Cliffside Wedding


Now, this has got to be the most romantic scene I have witnessed this year – a wedding held at Amorita’s Cliffside Deck overlooking Alona Beach.

From what I was told, here’s how it all happened. This young Russian couple walked in at the resort’s front office without any reservation. They said they wanted to check in and be married in the resort’s premises the following day; willing to pay for everything in advance if necessary. Without batting an eyelash, the front office attendant said, “Certainly!”

Right after the couple was ushered into their room, a flurry of activities ensued. And sure enough, on the appointed time the next day, the staff of Amorita had perfectly arranged everything as if under the spell of a magic wand. From getting a pastor to conduct the ceremony, right down to acquiring some fireworks to light up the evening sky to herald the couple’s marital bliss.













*

Weekly Top Shot

* * *

I very much appreciate my articles and photos appearing on fellow bloggers' sites, popular broadsheets, and local broadcast news segments, but I would appreciate even more a request for permission first.
Thank you!

*

13 comments:

  1. Awesome, I wish I had one like that...LOL
    May I have permission to put your article and the bride by the cliff on my blog? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted it. Check it out at:
    http://seggy-seggy.blogspot.com/2011/12/cliffside-wedding.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why I love weddings... even moreso other peoples' weddings! Heheheee... I am just interested why the spur of the moment for this couple? Must have been the very romantic settings or it is just they are so in love!

    I just wished they have their relatives & friends with them on this special day. My fav part... the dancing after the wedding with kids running around...

    Btw, great photography [were you the wedding photographer?] Eric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I were the photographer, Mario. I heard they gave a substantial fee for the local photographer the resort got for them. I just happened to have dropped by there for a late afternoon snack ... and serendipity! ... I also attended a wedding :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful wedding and photos.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a wonderful and very romantic wedding, Tatjana!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Wow! Our youngest son and his fiancee' don't have time to plan their fall wedding because of the stress of their respective jobs. This sounds like a great idea....but I imagine the cost was pretty impressive, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cost here in Bohol, Philippines is not as staggering as say, in the States. I suggest they contact the Sales Office of Amorita Resort:

      www.amoritaresort.com

      Thanks, Evelyn!

      Delete
  6. Way to take advantage and be in the moment in order to get some great shots. Looks like a fun event to participate in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely bride... you've captured a magical moment in time! Thank you for sharing on 'Weekly Top Shot.' I hope you'll come share again next week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magic in the air, and excellent job capturing it!

    ReplyDelete