Saturday, July 21, 2012

Painitang Bol-anon


Painitang Bol-anon is a quaint merienda eatery located in one of City Square’s street-level storefronts at Tagbilaran City.

From what I was told, “painit” is the Visayan term for tea time and Bol-anon means a Bohol native.  Thus, Painitang Bol-anon means tea time Bohol-style.

This place can be crowded at any time since it seems to be quite a haunt for many Bol-anons.  The first I came here was to buy a box of biko as pasalubong.  And while waiting for my order, I had two pieces of kutchinta and a suman made of saba banana.  My old time favorite is kamoteng kahoy suman.  Eating saba suman at Painitang Bol-anon was a first time for me.  It was quite heavy but delectable.  I opted for salabat tea for my drink.

Most of the popular delicacies are priced at 12 pesos per slice.  The slices are surprisingly tiny but then what is one to expect at those prices.  The quality is satisfactory, and come to think of it, the size of the slices is perfect for sampling a couple of the eatery’s tasty native delicacy offerings.

Better visit this place early in the day, because by mid-afternoon, there may be less to choose from.  You see, many frequent visitors to Bohol had forsaken the usual Peanut Kisses and Calamay pasalubong. They had discovered Painitang Bol-anon!









Please note:
I very much appreciate my articles and photos appearing on fellow bloggers' sites, popular broadsheets, and local broadcast news segments, but I would appreciate even more a request for permission first.
Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. now that is a place I'd love to visit...their biko, kutsinta and saging look so inviting...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my next visit when I had the chance to go to Tagbilaran :)

    ReplyDelete