Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tea and Chocolate


After a movie at BQ Mall cinema, I usually stop by Rene's to enjoy a cup of peppermint tea and a stick of Minor Swiss chocolate.  Indeed, a delicious combination; soothing and invigorating to boot.

According to some experts, chocolate can boost our mood, and eating it helps our body release energy-boosting, "feel good" endorphins.  As for the peppermint tea, supposedly, it helps with digestion and is useful for treating an upset stomach.


Panglao Island boasts a number of Swiss- and German-owned hotels and cafes; hence, you'll find some fine chocolates in their establishments.  My all-time favorite remains to be Godiva Dark Truffle chocolates.  Last I found a box of it was at the duty free shop in Paranaque, it costs about 50 dollars a box.  


* * *

Related links:


* * *
Rene's Swiss Gourmet Shop & Restaurant
4th Floor, BQ Mall
Tagbilaran City
Telephone: 038-411-4047

*

Food Photography
Food Trip Friday


* * *

Please note:
I very much appreciate my articles and photos appearing on fellow bloggers' sites, popular broadsheets, and local broadcast news segments, but I would appreciate even more a request for permission first.
Thank you!

*

8 comments:

  1. chocolate and tea---i haven't tried this combination. got lots of tea and chocolates, courtesy of my sister...masubukan rin.:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peppermint tea and I adore Godiva chocolates! Thank you for joining us this week! I really appreciate linking to food photography! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome combination, nothing like a good cup of tea and high quality chocolate to wrap up the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh... I agree... truffles are always the best! nom nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. chocolate and tea will makes me happy but never tried having them together! will try. really dreaming to visit bohol someday! visiting from FTF, hope you can visit me back. thanks and have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect pair indeed visiting from FTF here's mine thanks Sahm’s Dining Diary

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a sweet combination brother :-) I only drink coffee, is this will work out too? Visiting late from FTF and Food Friday, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://.www.homecookingwithjessy.com/my-own-version-of-salad

    ReplyDelete