Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bread Talk: Part 4 - Jojie's Bakeshop


This is my favorite Filipino bakery located at Masagsag Street in Tagbilaran City.   It’s a complete Filipino baked goods shop – from cakes to popular local delicacies.
  
They also offer suman (made from glutinous rice cooked in coconut milk, and then wrapped in banana leaves before they are steamed).  My all-time favorite is the kamoteng kahoy, but here at Jojie’s you can find banana (saba) suman – surprisingly tasteful!  In addition, Jojie’s Bakeshop carry roasted peanuts without any oil or salt!  And when I found these at the counter, I could scarcely conceal my delight.

Incidentally, Jojie’s Bakeshop at Masagsag Street has a dining area with the view of the water – indeed, a very pleasant place to unwind and enjoy a cup of coffee along with those freshly-baked merienda fare.  Jojie's Bakeshop has branches all over Tagbilaran City.









* * *


Please note:
I very much appreciate my articles and photos appearing on fellow bloggers' sites, popular broadsheets, and local broadcast news segments, but I would appreciate even more a request for permission first.
Thank you!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment